Junior Trader Intern - Summer 2023
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. From the beginning, we began iteratively investing in our proprietary technology and committing to building our systems from the ground up. Our trading models and software systems are continually re-engineered, optimized, and maintained to stay on top of the industry. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
High-performance proprietary trading and development is the source of our success and competitive advantage at Belvedere, further fueling our passion for performance. We are a team driven by intellectual curiosity, seeking answers that will change not only how we trade in this technological age, but also the future landscape of the trading industry.
At Belvedere Trading, Junior Trader Interns are some of the finance industry’s most highly motivated individuals. They have a love for the financial markets and enjoy working in teams to capitalize on derivative arbitrage opportunities. Team Belvedere is looking for current juniors who fit this bill. If you are the kind of person who loves problem solving in a fast-paced environment, you may have just found your dream job.
Don’t know a lot about trading? No sweat. Learn as much as you can in the meantime (here are some resources to get you started) but know our Belvedere Trading University (BTU) program will teach you everything you need to know once you join the team.
What our Junior Traders do
- Training – Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games
- Daily trading activities – Assist with order execution, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Rotations – Rotate between product groups provide a broad perspective of the marketplace and Belvedere’s trading strategies
- Desk strategy – Participate in strategy meetings and collaborate with your team on their position management
Key qualities in great candidates
- Curious – We'll teach you everything you need to know, but we love working with people who ask questions and are eager to get involved
- Analytical – We’re looking for quantitative thinkers and master problem-solvers
- Communication – We need people who can speak confidently and concisely, especially when the stakes are high
- Team player – Trading is not an isolated activity at Belvedere, so great candidates will have demonstrated success in working in team-based environments
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry isn’t required, but it is a plus!
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position from mid-June through Late August 2023
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024 (start date early January 2023)
Women and underrepresented groups frequently apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that mold and apply. No candidate is perfect; all have a lot to offer. We welcome your application.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Work Schedule: Regular and reliable attendance during business hours with the ability to be on-site prior to the start of business on occasion
Physical: Ability to remain at a desk and concentrate for long periods of time
Amount of Travel Required: None
Sponsorship: Not available for this position