Entomology System Improvement Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Entomology System Improvement Intern, are to:
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements in collaboration with other teams including developing new equipment, automation and imaging tools;
- Test, troubleshoot and provide solutions to technical problems;
- Apply critical thinking, strategic mindset, and foresight in evolving technical and business environments;
- Drive best practices for unit, integration, end-to-end, performance and scalability;
- Write computer software and programs as necessary;
- Make decisions on focus areas for quality, drive alignment across teams on projects;
- Present final project(s)/recommendation(s) to team at the conclusion of the internship.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Masters or Ph.D. program pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical Industrial Engineering or related STEM area;
- Experience with programming and coding for automated systems;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with using automation and/or robotics for plant testing;
- Experience with automated imaging systems;
- Working knowledge of Solid works (CAD)/Vault.
Colorado Jobs: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. The salary (or range) displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
Division:Crop Science Reference Code672241 Functional Area:General Administration & Corporate Services Location:United States : Missouri : ChesterfieldEmployment Type:Internship Position Grade:M00
Contact Us AddressTelephoneE-MailCreve Coeur, MO+1 888-473-1001, option #email@example.com