Process Engineering Summer 2023 Intern - Undergraduate
Careers That Change Lives
The possibilities at the intersection of medicine and technology are endless, which means endless opportunities to make your mark on the world. Our interns do real work within experienced engineering teams to improve lives of millions. With the support of your manager and guidance of your team you can:
- Provide technical and sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area.
- Integrate equipment and material capabilities to meet process module and technology target specifications.
- Recommend and implement equipment and process modifications to meet quality standards and improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques as well as production yields for existing products.
- Review product development requirements for compatibility with processing methods to determine costs and schedules.
- Interacts with product design and development personnel to ensure that processes and designs are compatible.
- May develop and conduct statistical analysis or recommend additions to document work.
- Leads the innovation, development and/or optimization of new manufacturing concepts, processes, and procedures for transfer to manufacturing operations.
- This can include scouting and feasibility work, material selection, process and equipment selection, tooling/fixture and equipment installation and assessment of inputs, outputs, and alignment to requirements.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques including the measurement systems.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Get real world experience on a project you own.
- Build your confidence and skills at the world leader.
- Enhance and expand your professional and social network.
- Given opportunities to participate in various events for your development and engagement such as leadership workshops, panels, trainings, and more!
You have learned a lot to get here — we want you to keep growing. With our expanding portfolio of innovative products and services, Medtronic is the global leader in delivering healthcare solutions for over 70+ disease states in 150+ countries.
Internships are full-time (40 hours/week), paid positions that are 11-12 weeks in length. We offer competitive pay, housing assistance (for out-of-state interns) with relocation expense reimbursement, a transportation stipend, and educational and social events throughout the summer. We have summer internship opportunities across the U.S., including positions in Minnesota, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Arizona, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and Florida.
To be considered for a summer 2023 engineering internship, you must meet the following basic requirements. How you meet these criteria must be clearly indicated on your resume to be considered for a position.
- Bachelor’s degree student with a sophomore or junior level class standing
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in an engineering major
- A minimum 3.0 out of a 4.0 cumulative GPA
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis and does not require sponsorship in the future for an employment visa
- Participants must be able to participate full time (40 hours/week) as part of our intern cohort:
- Monday, June 5 - Friday, August 18
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: CAD: SolidWorks/Autocad or equivalent, Minitab, and/or MATLAB
- Prior work on projects in a team environment
- Relevant academic project, internship, or lab experience
- Technical writing skills
- Experience with statistics, data analysis, mechanical or electrical design, , Design of Experiments (DoE), and/or clean room
- Knowledge of polymer, plastics and metallics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills who is curious, a problem solver, and a self-starter